As someone who coaches people towards bettering their fitness, there is so much I have learned and continue to learn from the process:
1. I will never be able to understand how people can desire change, yet they refuse to make any changes to their daily habits. I’m shocked at how many people plant their heels for change. Your current results produce your outcome. Change your habits, change your life.
I do not have special powers to coach someone to new results on old ways. I really, really dislike seeing someone not tap into their potential. I wish they would see it, too!
2. I have a Coach, Allen Cress with Maximum Performance Training. I believe in utilizing a coach to the fullest extent. If he makes a post, I read it. If he posts a video, I watch it. If he is on a podcast, I listen. Bottom line: use the coach you’ve hired.
Get your investment out of their services. Read their writing. Make your scheduled phone calls with them.
Follow their plans and systems. Why did you hire them in the first place?
3. I don’t believe in weightloss. It does not exist. Losing weight is the result of other changes •first•. We have to see the common disconnect there.
Change your mindset. Change your daily #habits. Be patient, then your body will change and you will maintain those changes.
Without a firm foundation and solid mental reset, you’re simply just moving the dial on the scale and old ways will appear.
4. My coaching involves lots of #mindset work. It is important to me that I get to know my clients and their needs.
I call my clients biweekly. They report in weekly with a 12-point info email form. I text them midweek in a variety of topics. My training plans change every 12 weeks with periodization along the way.
This is a system.
The gals that work it consistently, do get results. Those that are spotty on their efforts, so too is the outcome. I can set them up, but they have to choose to use and follow it.
5. Sometimes people are wanting to “lose weight”, but they’re ultimately not ready. Again, it’s a mindset shift.
When you’re ready to change, then you’ll see the results. Sometimes the best thing you can do is say, “I’m just not ready.” And when you ARE ready to go all in, you WILL be unstoppable!
Set your mind up and go!
Let’s connect: email@example.com