I shared with a friend that I was in prep and cutting weight for July to get back to my lean look on the ➡️. He asked, “I would love to know how to lose just 10 pounds. I’d feel better and more like me.”
It got me thinking and so I wanted to share some strategies I use for my clients and me beyond the “Eat less and exercise more” mindset. You might be surprised at the small tweaks and changes you can make to your daily routine that may make a big change for you when repeated over time!
These are some tools in my toolbox:.
1. Sleep on a rhythm. Aim to go to bed at the same time and get up at the same time, even on the weekends. Sleeping is my golden method of fat loss! Cost: $0
2. Eat in a 12-hour window or less. That might be 8A to 8P for you, or even less of a window. I prefer 8A-6P. Stopping eating 2-3 hours before bed is the real magic in this strategy and allows your sleep to reset and repair you vs. being in digestion mode all the time. Cost: $0
3. Move more, sit less. I’m aiming for 12,000 steps a day right now. Walking is my go-to movement outside of weight training and Yoga!
4. Eat real food most of the time. I like to follow the 90/10 system. That means I eat 90% of my food from one-ingredient sources that walk the earth or from plants that grow.
5. Cut back on one thing. That might be one less sugar coffee or pop a day, one less alcohol drink, one less TV show, or one less “Yes” committment you make. This will lower your calorie intake and frees up more time in your day for self-care, meal prep, grocery shopping, or time for any of the above. Start with just one step and just one thing! Cost: $0
Yes, food quantity and activity matter, but paying attention to lifestyle habits little by little is part of the progress. Make it sustainable whatever you choose. Just keep going!